Welcome to the Evidence Based Justice Lab
We are an interdisciplinary research group specialising in behavioural and data science research, and applying this research to the legal system and in legal arguments. Our website includes three main parts.
Our searchable miscarriages of justice registry. This registry contains details of miscarriages of justice over the last fifty years. Users can search for miscarriages of justice with a particular cause or involving a particular offence (using our interactive graph, or case table). Information on each case is provided, and information on key causes of miscarriages of justice is also provided through “wiki” pages. Click here for information on how you might be able to use our registry.
Information and data from some of our current academic research, including:
- Guilty pleas and other incentivized admissions.
- Evaluation of witness testimony.
- Legislation and policy to promote public health and human rights.
- Expertise in forensic science.
- Law and technology and the operation of online justice.
Details of how we can provide legal advice and assistance to practitioners and defendants through our clinical projects.